Thursday, August 2, 2012

My First Book in Progress, Indecision on Back Burner

So, today, I am starting work on my very first, full length book. My book - not a book that I am ghostwriting. A full length book - not just a short report or mini book. I won't mention the title or the subject at this time. I wanted to start this project some time ago, but one thing was stopping me from moving forward. The details.

I was getting far too wrapped up in the details, and those details had more to do with what I would need to do after the book was finished than it did with the actual work of writing the thing. For instance, I have no idea whether I should sell it as a Kindle eBook, or go a different route. Should I sell it only as an eBook, but not a Kindle eBook, or should I go with print? Should I sell it as a Kindle eBook and in print?

I finally woke up and realized two things.

1. I can't sell something that I don't yet have, so there is no point in determining how it will be sold at this time.

2. I could wrestle with these decisions from now until the day that I die and never reach a final decision. I am a Libra after all, and we are notorious for being indecisive.

So, with a much clearer perspective, I've put all of those thoughts and decisions on the back burner and I'm moving forward. I'm going to write, and I'll work out the details later, when the book is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment