Monday, November 25, 2013

My Second Book Has Been Published


After experiencing a decent amount of success with my first book, How to Become a Freelance Writer and Get Paid Now: A Step-by-Step Guide to Your First Paycheck in a Week or Less, I decided to go forward with the book that I was working on when I became so ill (damn Lupus!). I finally finished writing, proofing, making revisions, making additions, proofing, revising...if you have ever self published, you know what I'm talking about. You must be your own editor.

Proofing and editing your own work when it comes to working without a publisher. I could hire an editor - I realize that...I just never bothered. I may do that with the next book, however.


Anywho, I finally got my newest book ready for publication, went through the easy publishing process at CreateSpace, and I am proud to say that my book, Simple Steps to Financial Security - A Realistic Guide for Real People is now available in both digital format and print at Amazon.

I really enjoyed writing this book just as much as I enjoyed the first one. I was able to write books that allowed me to share my own personal experiences with the topics. In my opinion, those are the easiest to write, and the best to read...for me, the voice rings truer in books that relate to the authors own experiences.

As you can see, the first book was a topic completely related to my career as a freelance writer. The second book is a topic related to my own personal financial dealings, and is designed to help people in bad financial situations - as my husband and I were years ago - get to a much sounder financial place, using the same method that my husband and I found great success with.

I'm already starting on my third book. My goal is to have ten published books by the end of 2014! It is an ambitious goal...but if Lupus will just leave me to my work for a long while, I can accomplish this goal!


No comments:

Post a Comment