Friday, November 29, 2013

Shut Up and Write Already!

This week I have posted about writing specialties and publishing platforms. This is valuable and important information for freelance writers - both experienced and inexperienced. However, I've realized that this advice could throw up huge roadblocks for some writers, preventing them from doing what they want to do most - write.

I've realized this because I'm a bit OCD, and if I were a freelance beginner, or another experienced writer who was also OCD, those two posts could easily get in my way.

If the information that I gave in those posts has brought your actual writing to a screeching halt, forget about it for now and write. Write about a topic that interests you, and don't worry about anything else. Once you have written your final draft, and you are happy with your work, only then think about what niche or sub niche the work belongs in, and then consider which publishing format will work best - not only for the information you have provided, but also in terms of the niche, the length of the work, and the audience that will be most interested in what you have to say.

The point is - Don't over think it...just shut up and write already!




No comments:

Post a Comment