Monday, July 30, 2012

New Freelance Writing Website

Today, I've received two press releases about a new freelance writing site that is being widely publicized. When freelance websites that are writing specific advertise, that's great for the writer's who work through that site, but that may not be the case this go around.

First, I went to check the site out. The company is Real Writing Jobs. I clicked on the FAQ and read what it was all about. There's really not a lot of information there, but I was able to get a few vital bits of information from what I read, which lead me to not recommend using this website for freelance writing.

1. While the site did all of the proper things to protect itself against being accused of making false claims, they do tell you that you can make up to $10,000 a month. As a freelance writer, I know that to be extremely unrealistic, and I will even go so far as to say false.

2. This site does not pay you for your work, the clients/companies in their database pay you.

3. There is a membership fee for joining, even as a writer. Especially as a writer. You see, this isn't actually a place to find writing work. Instead, this is a membership website, where you will find links to sites where you will find writing jobs. I haven't joined the site, but I suspect that you will find the usual freelance sites listed inside, such as freelancer.com, vWorker, iWriter, etc. You do not need to pay for this information. You can easily find it on your own.

4. The company claims that even if you only have an eighth grade education, you can make big money writing. In fact, there are additional services that the company will direct you to if you do not write well. You can bet that this company will get commissions when you pay other companies to teach you how to write. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not against anyone making money online - not even this company. What I am against is the way that they worded their squeeze page, making it seem like you will work for them, regardless of your writing skill, and promising big money for it - for a free of course, when in reality, it is just a database of links to other, free writing sites.

It just feels sleazy.


1 comment:

  1. There might some different approaches according to place or knowledge. Your skills depends on how you got an opportunity and where you have trained. Personal or professional training might distinguish between each other. Virtual reality developers

    ReplyDelete